X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wes_R x Black Edition GTR (39 pics)

Hey Ontario Z Cars,

Long time no see!

This client had contacted us about this recently purchased Black Edition and wanting to get it up to par. It was driven for a little by the sales manager of the dealership prior to the purchase and it had gotten a little bit swirled up so the owner wanted to have a brand new start on his brand new GTR. Here are the pics

Arrival

Starting with the wheels as usual

2 Bucket Method always used to wash the car

Rinsing off the dirt in the water first before putting it back in the soap

Claybarring the paint

Rubber and plastic trim masked off

Taking the paint measurements

And on to the polishing with the 1st Stage

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

After the 2nd stage of polishing the paint is wiped down with alcohol to remove the polishing oils

Then Opti Coat Primer is applied to the paint via machine

Masking tape being removed

Polishing dust being cleaned out the crevices

And then finally Opti Coat Pro being applied

Finishing touches like the windows being cleaned

And the tires being dressed

And now for the finished pics starting with the a shot of the paint in the sun

And a flare shot

Hope you enjoyed seeing the process and transformation! Looking forward to seeing some of you this spring!

Thanks!
    Wes

Comment

Impressive as always Wes. Can you PM me what kind of money I would be looking at to have my Mustang detailed? It was painted 2 summers ago base clear and polished. Just send me a pm. Thanks!
      71 240Z: Aluminum 5.3 LS Engine, 4L80e, Twin 67mm Turbos.
      93 Mustang LX coupe: 4.6 Mod motor conversion

Comment

I would also be interested in the price of this? Mind posting a general coast?

I have an original paint black diamond 300zx, that id might be interested in getting cleaned up. there are a few rock chips on the and I know those arnt going anywhere but for the most part the paint is in pretty good shape still.
        TAK IR EEEZZZZZ VG30DETT

Comment

Hey 300zxTT, what was done to the GTR generally goes for $500-$800 depending on the condition of the paint

Comment

Happy New Year Guys!

It's been awhile since I've done a full write up due to the amount of work that has been coming into the shop lately but I have still been taking pictures. So for now I'd like to update this thread with some of the cars we've had the chance to work on. Starting with this 991 GT3RS

We had been looking forward to this Lava Orange 991 GT3RS for quite sometime. We maintain this clients other RS's as well so we knew about this one for almost a year now.

Not really much else to say, got the call Saturday evening and it was in the shop by Wednesday

Arrival

Cleaning the wheels

Masking off the rubber and plastic trim

The whole front end is carbon fibre so we had to bring out our ultrasound paint gauge to measure the paint

Underneath the hood

Ultrasound measurements

Magnetic measurements

And on to polishing the paint.

There was already close to 5000km on the odometer so the paint had some light swirls to polish out before applying Opti Coat Pro.

Before

After

Before

After

The taillights were polished as well

Before

After

After the 2nd stage of polishing was completed we applied Opti Coat Primer via machine to the paint

We unmasked the trim and took care of some finishing touches like cleaning up the polishing dust and cleaning polish from the edge of the stone guard with a tooth pick

And finally applied Opti Coat Pro

Overcast day so the gloss was not photographing the best it could be, but still happy with the finished pics!

And the icing on the cake.... an autograph under the hood from Wolfgang Porsche!!!

Hope you enjoyed the pics as much as we enjoyed working on the car!

Thanks!

Comment

It was a huge pleasure to work on this classic R33 Skyline and in Midnight Purple too! We ended up performing a 2 stage polish on the paint and protecting it afterwards with Opti Gloss Coat. Ran into a small complication with the paint being fairly thin in some areas and couldn't get as aggressive as we would like to but everything turned out great regardless.

Hope you enjoy the pics!

Arrival

Cleaning the wheels

2 Bucket car wash

Claybarring the paint with the Nanoskin mitt

Masking off the rubber trim

And measuring the paint. This is one of the lower areas earlier mentioned

Before

After

50/50 shot

After the polishing was completed we cleaned out the left over polish out of the tighter areas with our trusty tooth pick

And finally Opti Gloss Coat is applied

Now for the finished pics

I tried to get a sun shot to show the flake but it had already set to far. This is the best I could do.

Hope you enjoyed the pics on this R33 Godzilla!

Comment

This GT-R came in for a promotion we were having in January. I spoke briefly to the client about a few areas of concern over the phone and then we both agreed that weather permitting it would come in for a 2 stage polish + Opti Gloss Coat. Luckily everything worked out and surprisingly the client didn't live to far away from the shop.

Arrival

Claybarring the paint

Masking off the rubber trim

Measuring the paint

Onto the 1st stage of polishing

Before

After

Metallic flake popping again

Opti Gloss Coat about to be applied

And the final results!

Comment

my cayman was that colour. man did that paint look good after a good wax and polish. great job!

Comment

Whats the purpose of measuring the paint thickness if your just doing a polish?....I could see measuring the paint if your going to wet sand then use a cutting agent then polish.

I just never seen paint thickness check on just a polish before and was wondering if you could shed some light on that.
                    Last edited by Rob260; 03-25-2016, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Spoke to this client on Facebook a few months back and he let me know he was expecting this ISF sometime later in the year and that he wanted to give it a "fresh" start. We weren't sure which service to go with and decided to wait until the ISF arrived. Fast forward to last week and in it came. Originally we agreed on a 2 stage polish + Opti Gloss Coat but as we started to polish the paint we encountered an issue and found out that a product called RestoreFX had been applied hindering us from achieving proper paint correction. I contacted the owner and let him know the revised quote to remove the RestoreFX and then to perform the 2 stage polish and in the end we decided to go with our Basic In & Out service as the client figured out what to do about the situation.

I haven't seen a Lexus ISF in awhile and besides the power and styling, I love the fact that they are not so commonly seen around town!

Hope you guys enjoy the pics of this Basic In & Out detail!

Arrival

Claybarring the paint

Lite polish and wax on the paint

Vacuuming the interior

Even the pedals get cleaned

Using our brush to get in the cracks and crevices

Wiping down the interior

Artsy fartsy shot of wiping down the interior but the steering wheel does get attention as well when cleaning

And finally the finished shots which was sadly taken on a rainy day

My favourite part on the exterior are the front fenders

Hope you liked the pics! After spending some time with one I definitely want to see one of these in my future!

Thanks,
                      Wes
                      (647)999-8499
                      www.instagram.com/oriondetailing.co

Comment

Originally posted by Rob260 View Post
                        Whats the purpose of measuring the paint thickness if your just doing a polish?....I could see measuring the paint if your going to wet sand then use a cutting agent then polish.

I just never seen paint thickness check on just a polish before and was wondering if you could shed some light on that.
                        Hey Rob,

I'm so sorry for the late reply. I haven't logged in in awhile. When ever we have to use a very aggressive compound I prefer to measure the paint to be on the safe side. Some OEM paint jobs are very thin to begin with like Mitsubishi which generally measures at 75 microns so if I find any paint that is overall to thin I know how aggressive I can get with the polish. Compounds like Meguiars 101 can be even more aggressive then sandpaper like 2000 grit so it's best to measure before you end up burning the paint.

Comment

Love the F. Claybar works wonders,

Comment

Working...
                          X