exhaust headers 240z

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust headers 240z

Has anyone had aftermarket headers on their 240z? My engine is going to remain mostly stock but i'm looking to put some headers on as well as the fujitsubo exhaust. I'm currently leaning towards the greddy/trust headers from whitehead motorsports (although unfortunately they're only blue) rather than the WHP headers. Any input would be awesome

Have a used header that i'm bringing to the swap meet $50
    You could have it blasted, and ceramic coated the colour you like.
    sigpic

Comment

What kind of header is it?

Comment

Not sure, but it looks very much like my MSA 6 to 2

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n54193[/ATTACH]
        sigpic

Comment

ah thats okay, i already ordered the trust/greddy headers

Comment

I have the 6-1 MSA ceramic coated. Really nice build quality. The only 'issue' was the flange wasn't true. They said it would straighten true when torqued down but I didnt want to take a chance even though I was replacing all the hardware as well. I had the flange planed flat at a machine shop. no worry about leaks. Curious to see what the build quality will be with the greddy headers.

Comment

To be honest the flange was good, I mean I hate the stupid blue high temp paint that on it, I want it coated but canít win every battle. Had a lot of fitment issues the fujitsubo exhaust pipe but it got on eventually (had to roll out a portion of the underside and tube had to be bent near the rear of the car) otherwise the flange fit well, header was too close to heat shield of my new carbs so a portion had to be cut. The weld quality on the header was poor in my opinion, I work in a manufacturing plant building car parts and Iíve seen a lot of welds bad and good, I mean itís acceptable and itís still good enough to last and work but poor weld quality compared to the fujitsubo exhaust. Posting pictures now!

Comment

Working...
              X