Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best source for cost-effective suspension goodies.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best source for cost-effective suspension goodies.

Hello,

Not a lot of activity both on the board, as well as in my garage over the winter. So I start to go shopping for bits and pieces.

Anyone recommend a reputable source for Z (240) suspension goodies? I need an entire overhaul. I've got the V8 in there, and the original suspension. No coilovers; just some lower springs, some good shocks, various bushings, and I may be tempted by rear brake kits if they're reasonable.

EDIT:
    Something like this suitable for street, and occasional hooning?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAGG-4-SHOC...JUNtMq&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Energy-Suspe...NT0cfW&vxp=mtr

thanks,
    Sim
    Last edited by simey_binker; 02-17-2016, 08:59 PM.

I'm going to keep a close eye on this. I've also got a v8 swap in desperate need of a lowering. Keep me posted on whatever you decide!

Comment

Hey Sim, hows the Hammer? That shock/ spring package got some good press on the Classic Z forum.
      Chris

Comment

Ha vvise, that certainly fails the shoe test. Mine is in the same state.

Thanks Chris for the heads up. I think I may grab these kits and let y'all know how it goes. Hamilton is going well; nice sunny day today so I'm back out working on the car.

Turns out I lost the nut, backing plate washer and rubber stopper on my front control arm. So these kits will provide new bushings, and perhaps the washer, so all I need is the nut.

Happy 500th post!

Comment

well, I've purchased these items and they're on their way. I've been driving the Datsun all week, and it's been so frustrating avoiding bumps and not being able to really push it around corners. This will fix the sloppiness in the suspension... then I fix the intake and exhaust (fumes in the cabin)... and then brakes...

Comment

yessssss. keep us posted.

Comment

All,
              I will soon have a full suspension set up for sale....tokico adjustables, shortened strut housings, coil overs, Wilwood callipers, massive 2 piece rotors, stainless flex lines, sway bars and upper strut bars. Everything ready to bolt on each corner of your car. PM for details.

Comment

All the he above came off a 240z.

Comment

Originally posted by lgb240 View Post
                  All,
                  I will soon have a full suspension set up for sale....tokico adjustables, shortened strut housings, coil overs, Wilwood callipers, massive 2 piece rotors, stainless flex lines, sway bars and upper strut bars. Everything ready to bolt on each corner of your car. PM for details.
                  this ended up being far from ready to bolt on.

Comment

You end up buying it ?
                    71 240Z: Aluminum 5.3 LS Engine, 4L80e, Twin 67mm Turbos.
                    93 Mustang LX coupe: 4.6 Mod motor conversion

Comment

Originally posted by Speedtospare View Post
                      You end up buying it ?
                      yeah, incorrect axle hubs, incorrect brake fittings, one of the calipers was missing two bolts and had an incorrect one cross threaded into it, AND there was a missing pad (which I didn't notice and was not mentioned for the close to one hour i spent talking to the guy in his garage).

Comment

argh. I was reading the other post. You seem to have figured it all out but still a PITA
                        71 240Z: Aluminum 5.3 LS Engine, 4L80e, Twin 67mm Turbos.
                        93 Mustang LX coupe: 4.6 Mod motor conversion

Comment

I forgot to write a review on the bits I got. I've only swapped out the front end, but it is like night and day! Granted my old shocks were toast, so sticking tennis balls in there would have been an improvement, but the car is so much more enjoyable now. Handles like a go kart. Rear end will be done when the garage is built.

Comment

Working...
                          X